This week hasn’t been as physically productive as I’d like with the fibro kicking in again, but it has been full of creative energy. I will so take it. I’m excited about some of the developments that I’ve made.
What I’ve accomplished the past week:
- Everything on the blog except an excerpt.
- Started getting the GLIIH sorted out and projects named. (And in the process discovered that I want to do more webcomics/graphic novels than I have artistic skill for.)
- A LOT of work on the planning/pre-writing side of the Soldaris Saga, including some very important epiphanies that break down most of the blocks that have had me stalled out.
- Started a new draft of the Soldaris Saga that accounts for the expanded/divided books that were previously just the first book.
- Figured out some of what I need to do with the YA project formerly known as Shadowfighter.
- Made a new playlist for a project that’s been floating around in the back of my head since 2009, but realized that the collaboration I want to do on this idea with people who are much more famous than I am means it’s a very long-term project. Need to build up my own credentials first.
- Went to a book signing/reading by Tracy and Laura Hickman, and had a nice chat about writing with some real pros.
What I’d like to accomplish this week:
- Finish sorting the GLIIH. A lot of the ideas are fairly generic and can be used as short stories or elements of bigger stories, so I’ve been having a hard time classifying them into distinct categories.
- Finish the last draft of the Soldaris Saga that I was working on (because it was maybe 5k words from the end when I got disgusted and stopped) and send it out to my beta readers.
- Come up with a new name for the YA project formerly known as Shadowfighter.
- Somehow maybe convince my very artistically talented brother that he wants to help me with my more visual projects?
- Catching up on beta-reading projects for friends that got put aside during the depression.
- Write and post some fanfiction. I’ve missed it.
- Do some visual updating of the blog. Not sure I like the theme I have right now.
(A song! A song! We’re going to sing a song! …. Okay, my time working at scout camp is showing through.)
I realized today that sometimes the title of my novellette, “Would Virgins Taste Better?”, can easily be misunderstood, or thought to be naughtier than it really is.
So I want to share with you the song about a dragon that inspired the title: “Do Virgins Taste Better?” (Lyrics) (Music)